Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My AeroGarden is amazing!

So, I have been a big fan of the AeroGarden for some time.  I think that a self contained hydroponic garden that fits on your counter top is pretty darn cool!  It's also going to be cool to harvest home grown greens all winter long this year.

Well, like I said, I've been a fan for some time but I've hesitated in buying because the nice "extra" model is $200.  I finally took the plunge and bought after talking with a friend of mine that has had one for a few years.  He told me that when he plants (from seed), he is able to start harvesting salad greens at 21 days and he gets a medium salad bowl full every other day for 4 months - sweetness!  So even after all of the YouTube videos where people sing praises to the AreoGarden, it took a friend to convince me.

After ordering, I got into my geekish garden mode and waited by the mailbox for it to come.  On Wednesday the 4th, it arrived and I put my little garden "seed pod" things in the garden, added water and the nutrient pack and plugged the thing in.  I'm growing three different kinds of basil, dill, thyme, oregano and mint. I took this photo today - exactly two weeks ago these were seeds:

The ultimate "set it and forget it" - i haven't touched it in 2 weeks!
Here is a better close up


If you're not a gardener, this may not seem like much.  I am a gardener and growing herbs can be tricky - this is amazing!  I plan to start using the basil sometime next week  When this grow cycle is done, I'm going to try the romaine salad mix - that's the one my buddy uses.  Check out these videos:






I have a lot of people asking me about it now that mine is growing.  If you know me, you will know that I signed up to get a referral bonus if you buy using a link from this site.  Please use this link to check it out:  http://aerogrow.myvoffice.com/fresh

I'll keep you posted as to harvesting my indoor garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment